ELVeS radial method is a gentle and effective method that ensures patient’s comfort during and after the procedure. First-generation laser (810-980 nm) was invented for the treatment of varicose veins in 1998 byBiolitec AG, a pioneer in the field of minimally invasive therapies. Based on continuous research, improvement, and experiences, ELVeS (Endo Laser Vein System) was developed by world-renowned experts, and put on the market in 2007.
A new and widely accepted method for eliminating damaged veins is based on the complete closure of the veins using laser energy to the inner wall of the vein. In combination with the world’s first radial laser ELVeS, clinically confirmed ELVeS radial laser with its special wavelength of 1470 nm provides a unique beam in order to minimize the possibility of perforations of the vein during the procedure. Efficient use of laser energy to the vein wall and extremely low penetration depth of the radiation enables the closing of the vein, using minimal energy and avoiding sensitive reactions or skin burns. In addition, the need for local anesthesia can be reduced to a minimum. Patients will see results immediately after this gentle, minimally invasive surgery. ELVeS radial treatment isperformed without general hospitalisation, under local anesthesia, and takes only 30 to 45 minutes.
During this method, the ELVeS radial probe is introduced into diseased veinsthrough a small incision. The probe is then used to guide the laser light into the vein,while the doctor can actually monitor the path of the laser energy on the screen. The laser then closes the vein. During or after treatment, patients feel little or no pain. Immediately after treatment with ELVeS radial laser, patients can resume regular activities.
The advantages of this treatment are the following:
- Easy to use
- It takes less time than the usual classical treatment
- Minimal discomfort for the patient, requiring no analgesic in the postoperative course
- Convenient to work in the local and tumescent anesthesia;no spinal or general anesthesia, nor possible complications of anesthesia
- Excellent early postoperative and final medical and cosmetic results
- No common complications of classic veins and hemorrhoidstreatment
- no usual procedures of several months of daily wearing elastic bandages after vein surgery; no need for long-term treatment of anal region using anesthetic gel after hemorrhoidssurgery
- allows patient discharge from the hospital the same or the next day, thus reducing the load of hospital bedcapacity, patient care, and additional use of food and drugs
- Much faster full recovery of patients, the duration of illness significantly reduced, and minimal time off work or interference with normal home duties.