Hand surgery is part of plastic-reconstructive surgery that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases and hand injuries. In the aforementioned area, it is primarily the surgical treatment of numerous compressive neuropathies of the fingers and upper extremities such as:
- Carpal and cube channel syndrome
- benign and malignant tumor of the hand (ganglion cyst)
- injury and tendon diseases (fingertips)
- Diseases like Dupuytren’s hand contractures
- rheumatoid fists
- Congenital hand anomalies as a syndactile or polyhedactyl, and the like
Recovery depends on the procedure, during which patients recommend physical therapy and rehabilitation treatments.